Dear Sebastian - Week 14


Dear Sebastian,

You are a little more than 3.5 months old (14 weeks to be exact).

You are now the most smiley and chatty of boys - yay! You coo and "talk" and speak gibberish and have the MOST EXPRESSIVE (barely-there) eyebrows I have ever seen. Even when you're just smiling at me, you'll raise an eyebrow or raise them both - as if to say, oh yeah, I'm on to you woman - and it CRACKS me right up!

Things guaranteed to make you laugh include clapping your fisted hands together and singing or saying, "Yay, Sebastian!" And tickling you - you are already SUPER ticklish under your armpits!

You're already a little go-er. A squirmy little Mitts who somehow manages to move all over the place on your back. You raise your bum off the floor and shuffle yourself backwards and rock from one foot to the other so quickly I'm sure the momentum is going to roll you over one of these days.

We've started you on some food. For the last few weeks you've been GAWKING at Daddy or I while we're eating - you have this endless fascination for food so I thought, what the heck - yes it's early, but hey, I've done this before.

You weren't crazy about the homemade brown rice cereal mixed with formula, but man oh man you LOVED dem organic apples. You smiled and cooed and actually ate most of it, shoving your fists in there along with the food making a real good mess.

You sleeping skills are still crap. Yes, crap. I love you son, my dearest, but you are trying to kill me. Your napping through the day is amazing some days and pretty much non-existent others. Your nighttime sleeping is much the same - you actually slept for 9.5 hours once (ONLY ONCE), but just to keep things interesting you've decided, pfft, screw that, I'm going to get up whenever - every two hours, maybe three, four(?), five(?). Just to screw with me nothing with you is. ever. the. same.

You must sense that I CRAVE stability, predictability, routine (in most instances - especially when sleep is involved) so you've decided to teach me(?) that sleep and routine isn't all that important(?).

You are the most amazing sun-shiney boy who is getting more and more attention from his big brother, which warms my heart.

Noah LOVES to get smiles from you and thinks you're always talking just to him. Which, generally you are. You seem to already adore him, as he does you. Your eyes follow him wherever he's bounding off too. You've gotten used to his loud voice, his accidental boots to your head, his rough kisses and non-too-gentle rocking motions of your chair.

Looks like I've got to cut this letter short, you're up after just 45 minutes...dear God...

Love,

Mama

xoxox

0 comments:

Post a Comment