Dear Noah - 24 Months


Today you're two-years old.

And I must say, that since these letters will peter off in the coming months, especially when your brother or sister arrives, I think we'll have to spaces these out. I've missed a few months - I think June, July and August - and after this, we may not have another for awhile - I hope you're not too disappointed.

So! A week before your actual birthday we had a little party at our house. Although you had no idea what was going on, you seemed excited by all the people who came - your grandparents and friends. You were quite the show-off.

Daddy and I spent the day before labouring over the infamous "dump truck cake" that you thought was a real dump truck that you could play with.

The best part about that cake was seeing your face light up as we all sang Happy Birthday (as you say, "Happy you...happy you") and you tried to blow out the candles - twice!

You got lots of presents - favourites a week later include the loud, obnoxious truck from Grandma Darling & Papa Larry; the dye-cast red car from Daddy and the stuffed monkey named George from me.

It warms me beyond WORDS that you drag him around by the hand, kiss his mouth, and pat him on the back and say, "Hi George, hi George."

You love him to bits, as I hoped you would.

You speak in two and three word sentences now. You have very dintinct opinions and are curious beyond words about what things are how they work why they do what they do.

You're not much into eating - which is such a shame! - and dinners have become all out brawls; entertaining, but exhausting.

With just 6 months until the arrival of your sibling, we're going to ask Santa to bring you a brand new bed - so your brother or sister can sleep in your crib. We're hoping to have all the bedtime kinks out by March.

Potty training won't be far behind, but funnily enough, bum changing has never been a big deal to me; so if you decide to wait, I'm down with that.

Although you did go pee in the potty - asking and going all without being provoked - just a day before your birthday.

You're a goer and I still miss my tiny little snuggly baby. Don't get me wrong, you're loving beyond words - you love whole-heartedly and completely - you just don't sit around very long to allow us to love you!

Happy second birthday the sweetest of the sweetest boys in all the land.

You're a wonder and a joy to Daddy and I.

Love,

Mommy

xoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment