Dear Baby #2 - 16 weeks

Dear Baby,

You're 16 weeks today - five inches long from head to bum and kicking and thrashing up a storm.

Mommy hasn't been well with you for the last few months and it's purely my own doing. I want you to know that I've done what I can so far to ensure that you have the healthiest start possible, despite this little set back.

So seeing as things so far, haven't gone according to plan, I spent $65 on a fetal heart monitor. The best money I've ever spent.

Although your daddy was initially excited (or humouring me) when it came in the mail - he now thinks I'm officially nuts, I'm sure.

I bought the monitor for several reasons, but the main one is because now I can hear you whenever I'm scared. I can put the goopy blue gel on my steadily growing tummy and find that little heartbeat - I could listen to it all day.

I find it and I smile and I talk to you and you inevitable squirm or shift away and I search for the heartbeat again - it's a fun game we play. I tell your daddy, "I'm just waiting for the baby to run out of room to move in there, then he/she can't get away from me!"

So I listen to you more than a few times in an evening, but now that your movements are becoming more regular - more than once or twice a day - I'm less scared, because I know that you're okay in there - you're growing and kicking and listening to us on the outside here.

Since this week you've sprouted ears that now hear, Daddy's been talking to you all the time -just like we did to your brother. He knew our voices from the moment he came out - we hope for the same for you.

I also wanted to tell you something that I think is so special - that only you and I have experienced.

With your brother, although I was excited, there was this more, predominate feeling, which was fear - fear of the unknown.

Now that I know, mostly, what to expect - I am beside myself with excitement to meet you!

And those people who say that the second pregnancy isn't as thrilling as the first, are crazy. I'm even MORE excited - I've got blankets picked out, hats I want to make you - all these plans in my head. I look at all the baby-related websites to see how big you are each week, what's new, how you're growing and changing.

I just wanted you to know, no matter how you fall into place in this family, first, second, third - whatever - this is an exciting time for everyone!

Love,

Mama

xoxox


0 comments:

Post a Comment