Dear Noah - 11 Months


Dear Noah,
Okay, listen sweetie, honestly, the joke's over....for heaven's sake, please stop growing...immediately!
You are eleven. Months. Old...in four weeks you'll be one year old - one year.
Just yesterday your Daddy was backing up (the millions of) videos he and I have taken of you since the day you were born and I thanked him for capturing nearly every moment and milestone of your life. Although I balked in the beginning (I still do if my hair's a mess and I'm not wearing a stitch of make-up) of him videotaping (your hiccups, your chatter, your crawling and bath time antics) I'm so happy to have them to look back on. I think you'll even get a kick out of them when you're older - especially the one video where we caught you "discovering" yourself in the tub.
Two major milestone stones have rocked your world this past month. The first being your first step!
When you were just 10 months and one-week old you took four whole steps to Aunt Tuffy who was visiting us from Tennessee. She was just tickled pink to have been the very first person you walked to!
And since then you haven't stopped. Now that's not to say that you stopped crawling altogether, no, you still do that, but when you think no one's looking or you forget that you're actually standing you'll just wander a couple of steps before plopping on to your bum.
You've become more confident on your feet; needing something to steady your self before you let go and stand...stand....stand!
And now, you've been stepping and walking...actually....walking. It's honestly a marvel to witness!
On August 11, I watched (and held my breath - honestly!) as you walked 12 steps before falling on your face. You cried - I think more in frustration than anything else - and we called Daddy on the phone to tell him what you'd just accomplished.
And surprise, surprise, he said he'd be video taping you and following you around the house like the paparazzi or TMZ as soon as he got home...
And just days later, when you officially turned 11 months we captured you walking all over the house! Steps upon steps, upon steps you walked through the kitchen and the living room....we were so PROUD!
The other milestone you've reached are the two teeth that started to poke through at the same time! They're about a quarter of the way through and they're so cute to see!
Speaking of teeth, you're pretty much eating everything we are now - except for the crunchy, hard or chewy stuff (that you're not allowed to eat yet) - and you LOVE it! There's not too much that you won't eat or try - I hope you stay this way - yeah right!
In July Daddy and I took you to the beach where you and I went "swimming". You actually tried to get out of my arms so you could do it all by yourself - you've got no fear!
You love, love, LOVE it! You splashed and smiled up at me like this was the greatest thing in the world - a giant bathtub for you to play in!
Afterwards the three of us shared a blue freezie on a towel in the grass under the shade of a tree...it was an awesome family moment.
You've also spent a few days here and there with the babysitter, which has been tougher on you than me. I've struggled to find things to occupy my time when you're not here, but I know it's good for both of us. So that when I go back to work, neither of us will be missing the other - too much!
You're first birthday is right around the corner. I've had to restrain myself from going CRAZY with decorations and such. We've decided on an animal/jungle theme. We'll be having a barbecue at the house with just a few (30) family and friends.
I'm making homemade chocolate cupcakes (and arranging them into the shape of a number 1) with (blue) buttercream icing...I hope you like them.
I'm looking forward to your birthday as much as I'm dreading it - after all, the day after I've got to go back to work!
Love,
Mommy
xoxoxo

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Make sure you take tons of pictures on his first birthday. There's nothing like the first. And don't serve cake around normal nap times. You might end up with a sugar spun, cranky baby.
On Chase's first, I put him down for his afternoon nap and then everyone worked together to fill the house with balloons, both hellium and air blown. Chase was so delighted to wake up to so many balloons. I think it was the highlight of his day. He loved the balloons more than the presents. At 2, it's the already the opposite.
Have fun party planning! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Post a Comment