Blink...blink...blink

I'm watching you right now.
It's 10 o'clock in the evening.
Your eyes are like two beams of light on the grainy black and white screen.
You're trying to stay awake - after Mommy so rudely woke you by pulling your feet from between the rails in your crib - you blink, blink...blink...blink...trying to keep those peepers open so you don't miss anything.
Slowly now your eyes blink, shut for a moment or two, then open again; slowly.
I'm smiling. My heart is smiling; melting.
Your mint green and white knitted blanket is tangled about your (chubby) legs, the other blanket that matches your (outrageously expensive) brown, blue and polka-dotted bedding is shoved against the opposite side of the crib.
Blink...blink...whimper....roll...snuggle...
Your bum - the one I vow to eat - is in the air now, knees curled to your chest, where I often can feel the rapid (strong) beat of your heart.
You're asleep now my darling one...
I'll see you in the morning my love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment